The last #Project2020 list was novellas, quick reads that could be finished in one sitting.
This list is a list of chunkies - books with more than 400 or 500 pages. They can be sagas or epics and they require a commitment. This list of 20 books was so big, they barely all fit on one shelf. Sometimes their size can be overwhelming and seem daunting. But there is nothing like a good chunky that is so good, the number of pages is insignificant because you could live in the story forever.
I have read most of the books on this list, but there are a few of them that remain on my TBR list and I look forward to living among their pages when I get to them.
If you are looking for a book you can spend some time with, here are 20 suggestions:
1. 473 pages / The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
2. 561 pages / The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
3. 562 pages / Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
4. 584 pages / Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
5. 601 pages / East of Eden by John Steinbeck
6. 653 pages / The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
7. 667 pages / Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
8. 692 pages / The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
9. 722 pages / The Way The Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald
10. 729 pages / Roots by Alex Haley
11. 792 pages / In The Eye of the Sun by Ahdaf Soueif
12. 809 pages / A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
13. 816 pages / A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
14. 838 pages / Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
15. 853 pages / Five Smooth Stones by Ann Fairbairn
16. 900 pages / The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
17. 918 pages / Vancouver by David Cruise & Alison Griffiths
18. 921 pages / Firefly Summer by Maeve Binchy
19. 992 pages / Four Fires by Bryce Courtenay
20. 1439 pages / The Stand by Stephen King